Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lola Ogbara's Answer

There isn’t too many people that I know who messed up majorly in their life. But someone that does come to mind is my father. It wasn’t that he screwed up his life; he just made things really hard for himself. In his past life, he wasn’t the best person.  He didn’t attend college. He didn’t treat the women in his life with much respect, including my mother.  At the moment, he has six children and two whom are toddlers. With the economy being the way it is and him not having a college education, it’s pretty hard for him to provide for his children, which are my half siblings. He also has a couple of health problems such as having bad eyesight, not being able to hear out of one ear, and being overweight. I feel that if he wouldn’t made better choices in his past and treated people better, maybe the things that are happening to him now wouldn’t be happening. I learned from his mistakes. I treat people with respect and with courtesy. I’m conscious of the decisions I make now so that the future is better for me. I have taken all the advice he and others have gave me so that I to won’t make the same mistakes. Now, my father is a better person. He is still stubborn but I’ve learned to live with it being that that’s just the way he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment