Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Response to Nelson's Question

Someone who influenced me to become somebody because of her own failures is actually my sister. My sister went away to Alabama State for a year, came back, fell in love, and got pregnant. After that, she didn’t get a chance to go back to school, seeing how she had to provide for her and her baby. She has held numerous jobs, but none that she loved. She worked so hard that she didn’t really have a chance to live her life. She didn’t get to go out to the clubs at night because she had to work the following morning. Even to this day, she still works so hard that she doesn’t really have time to catch up with herself. She works crazy hours, six out of the seven days of the week, and doesn’t even have time to spend with my niece. Once I got pregnant, I told myself that I would make time for my child. I didn’t plan on working or going away to school until she would be old enough to understand why I have to work and learn. I would spend all my time with my daughter. We would take her to the park, or we would just take walks to the neighborhood store for snacks. Every moment would count when it comes to my child and me. I didn’t want to miss a second of her life, no matter what. My daughter and niece both adore me and I love them both to death. I would do whatever it takes to make and keep them happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment