Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Malcolm Day 9

Someone that is not my role model but I learned from their mistakes are my two uncles Dwayne and Darryl. They messed up their entire lives being lazy. Even when situation to change the downward spiral, they still chose not to. Darryl is a great mechanic and always has been, and was given the opportunity to take over the shop that are family owns. He is a grown man that has kids all over the city that he’s not taking care of, no job and still lives with his parents who are. His brother Dwayne is also and mechanic but he was in the military working on machines. When he left, he got addicted to drugs and he also has kids, and no job. This encouraged me to not follow in their footsteps; neither of them graduated high school. The moment their experiences made me stronger was when Dwayne came over our house around one or two in the morning asking for a couple dollars. This changed my life because I answered the door with my mother he shook my hand and hugged me and I could smell that he hadn’t showered or cleaned himself in days, what made it worse was he smell like crack like he had been in the trap house. I didn’t invite him in because I didn’t know what to expect. I mean he is family but more now he was a fiend. This influenced me to do my work and always do what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment