Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 4 Kevin Scott Answer to Jabo's question

The neighborhood that I lived in kind of influenced me from watching other people live their lives individually but a small group of people come together and one person might say hey that’s cool and someone else might say that’s cool too and I think we do that because we lack knowledge and we don’t know what we want out of life. We think someone else has the answers to our problems without searching for it ourselves. I’m going to say yes I grew up in Chicago on the west Side and what I saw and heard (people doing drugs and using slang) from there I took that with me to the suburbs. I was young and naïve and I did not know what I needed; only what I thought I wanted. I used to wear the clothes that everyone else wore: the long white tees and the big saggy pants and listened to the music that everyone else listened too. Now I have matured and I now live in aurora. I live on eola, which is an hour from Chicago and the effect there is very peaceful, all races live there and we communicate and try to get to know one another. So I am influenced by the peacefulness in aurora. The kids are disciplined no one is lost and everyone there has a purpose and a future and that draws me.

No comments:

Post a Comment