Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 2: Lola Ogbara

I have never really been a big fan of my community as a child because I’ve never stayed in one place for long. I dealt with living wherever I lived because I had no control. I envied other communities and cultures. Others can’t really tell by the way I speak if I’m from a certain area. In a way, it has made me the person I am today. From the music I listen to, the way I think, and the things I do. Chicago is where I lived most of my days. I’ve moved from the north side to the south side and all around the south suburbs. To southern Illinois when I finished the 8th grade and back to the south side when I finished high school. I believe I am a person with broad perceptions of life. Because of the places I have been, I am not set to one way of life. People are set in their own minds and have sterotypical views from their upbringing and I hope help open minds. I would like for my culture to think outside of the box and have broader horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment