Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 2 Kevin Scott answer to katrina

In this world a lot of things are hidden from us and it sometimes causes confusion as to why we do and say things we don’t mean. Some people have a choice and some don’t think they do. “Do the right thing” by spike Lee is a film that reminds me of people of all race coming together and to end the violence. In this movie blacks, whites, Asian, and Puerto Rico live amongst each other in the city of Brooklyn, New York. There is not a lot of order in this city 12% of the citizens are trying to do good and the other 88% are confused have been brought down and don’t know what the future holds for them. Everyone needs to realize that we live among each other now and have for many years, the whole racists game don’t matter how old you are is very childish and self – centered. All races are having children with the other race, that’s ok. There was a scene in the movie where a fight broke out at Sal’s pizzeria, and 2 young African Americans was upset because Sal did not have any African Americans up on his wall only Italians. There was a big commotion outside, between Sal and Radio Raheem and the police got there and tried to break up the fight and the police protected Sal and but radio was restrained by 8 policeman and one put him in a choke hold and he was choking and the policeman did not let go. In the grip of the policeman radio died as the policeman threw him to the ground. Then a war between the blacks and the police rang throughout the neighborhood, that is what made me upset, we need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment