Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 2 Answer- Ashley Renee Eiland

Living in a 2 story family house with my grandmother, mother, sister, & I on the first floor. Living on the second floor were my aunt, uncle, and cousins. My sister and I are years apart from each other, age wise. So I would often find myself going upstairs to play and talk to my cousins, who are only a year or two older than me. My sister and I didn’t really have much in common growing up. The only time we would spend time together was in the summer when she would take me to carnivals or to the pool on those really hot days. In my own household, I felt like an outsider when it came to being with my sister. Going upstairs to my aunt’s house, I felt right at home. I could spend hours and hours at a time talking and playing with them. Now that we’re all grown, my sister and I tend to spend more time together, have gotten a lot closer to each other, and seem like we have a lot more in common with each other. We both have kids and they treat each other like more like sisters than cousins. However, my cousins and I have kind of drifted apart. Boyfriends come along, and school keeps us busy. It seems like the only thing we talk about now is jobs. We still get together from time to time and go bowling but we don’t hang out with each other as much as we used to anymore. I guess we’ve just grown into being our own person and doing our own things now. Regardless of it all, we’re still family and we still love each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment