Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 2 Answer: Matt Singleton

Day 2 Answer: Matt Singleton I was born in Hyde Park, a relatively known area of Chicago. I was only there for a short time, so I don’t remember it at all really. We moved to the south suburbs shortly after I was born, to a place called Olympia Fields. It was a pretty carefree, easy life. My dad was a radiologist at Ravenswood Hospital on the north side of Chicago, and my mom was an Interior Designer with her own business. So as I said, life was good. Later down the line, my mom and dad had a divorce. It was particularly hard on my brothers and me, being fairly young at the time. Custody was split and we ended up doing a weekly thing until we were able to drive. I sometimes think that the divorce might have had hand in my individuality. Although it could be that I’m the middle child, but whatever the case, I honestly believe it’s helped me become a better man today. I love being different from most people. Usually people choose to be stereotypical and mark me as some black kid who probably speaks with a ghetto attitude and listens to rap music, when the interesting thing is, I speak my own way, with a mix of very proper English, and from what people tell me, deep slang from time to time. Don’t get me wrong, I do like rap music, but highly prefer rock over rap, and people are always surprised by that, and I always get a kick out of seeing their reactions. So, when it comes to life in general, I would probably describe myself as an outsider. I’m not like everyone else, and that’s one of the main things I like so much about myself. I’m quiet, I speak differently, I listen to different music, and I have piercings. I love being different from everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment